Translate

Custom Search

Naturopathica

Friday, August 7, 2009

4 Reasons Why You Should Grow Your Own Herb Garden


1. Save Big Bucks
A single bunch of herbs can cost anywhere from $0.99 to $2.99 at major grocery stores in my area. Many recipes call for more than one herb so you can see how the $$$ start adding up. Most of the time you are only using a tablespoon or so of each herb so much of the herb you bought goes to waste. By growing your own herbs, you will save money, cut down on waste, and still be able to create stellar meals.

2. Convenience
Have you ever planned on making a special dish only to find the grocery store does not carry the herbs you need? This used to happen to me more often than I would like. Now I have all the herbs I need at the tips of my fingers. You no longer have to hop from one grocery store to another in search of the right herbs.

3. Quality
By growing your own herbs, you can control what goes into and onto them. I prefer eating organic produce so I do not use pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. Also, by growing your own herbs, you are guaranteed the freshest possible cuttings.

4. Eat Healthier
Fresh herbs are a low-calorie diet's best friend! Herbs have a negligible number of calories. You can use herbs to give those low-calorie dishes a punch of taste to make up for all of that fatty, buttery goodness we cut out. Moreover, herbs are a good source of vitamins.

Parkseed Organic Herb Garden Collection


Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Thyme, Chives, Parsley, and Oregano



No comments: