Translate

Custom Search

Naturopathica

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In The Garden: New Seedlings



I planted some seeds in my re-useable seedling containers about a couple of weeks ago and left them outside.  I was afraid I might have jumped the gun on planting season because I was not seeing any signs of life the first week, but on the eighth day I discovered most of my seeds have sprouted.  The Cosmos and Calendulas were the first to emerge.  Now my African Daisies, Poppies and Gysophilas have also peeked through the soil.

2 comments:

Melissa M. said...

Nice blog. I've been in my apt for almost 4 years but am only now attempting my first garden. I was inspired by an article in Natural Home Mar/Apr called "Hatch This", where you plant your seeds in egg shells and transfer to outdoors when appropriate (or you can give them as a gift). I also am using a herb "starter" kit that I got from home depot.

Here are my "egg hatchlings" (about 2 weeks old): http://www.tangeloimages.com/display/JqkMjoImWsMXMVRTWiJJmhdIooBkpQa%255DEWJSh76yNeE%253D

If you're interested, here's the link to the Natural Home article:
http://www.naturalhomemagazine.com/herb/grow-herbs-in-eggshells.aspx

Lina said...

Thanks Melissa! The photo of your egg shell planters and indoor herb garden looks wonderful! I like the image-over directions too!