Translate

Custom Search

Naturopathica

Friday, April 15, 2011

Container Plants Survived Week Long Vacation with Easy DIY Tricks



Photo: butternut squash (left) and early sunglow corn (right) both from seeds

I went on a week long vacation to the tropics.  I started some seeds in containers on March 28, 2011 and left them outdoors in DIY mini-greenhouses to germinate.  Most of them had already sprouted before leaving for my trip.  I watered the plants thoroughly, and used the plastic bag method and homemade greenhouses to keep the soil moist and the plants happy while I was away.  I am happy to report that not only did all of the seedlings survive, but also more seeds have sprouted!

Photo: Romaine Lettuce from seeds

Photo: Cantelope (left) and Cucumber (right) both from seeds

Photo: Bush Bean from seed

Photo: Late Corn (left) and Watermelon (right) both from seeds

No comments: