Don't throw away those Christmas boxes just yet. You can tear down a couple and turn them into inexpensive Christmas lights organizers.
- Pen or Marker
- Rectangles cut from cardboard boxes
- Use the scissors to cut the box along the creases. You should end up with several rectangular pieces.
- Then use the scissors to make about of 1 inch long cuts at points 1 and 2 (See Fig A).
- Then insert one end of the wire in slot 1 (See Fig B). Then start wrapping the Christmas lights around the cardboard working yourself from left to right. Make sure you leave about 2 inches of space from the edge (See point 3 in Fig A).
- After you are done hook the end in point 2 (See Fig A).
- Now label point number 2 with "Unwind Starting Here" and at point 4 you can label the Christmas light description. For example, "Christmas Tree Lights, 1 of 2."
- Store lights away in a container for next year!