- Use Cash Back Sites. Use online cash back sites. I use EBATES. Before making a purchase I see if the retailer is listed at their site. If it is, I click on their link that re-directs me to the retailer. By clicking on the link, I receive a certain percentage off my purchase. These extra few seconds can make a big difference. I joined EBATES in 2009, and since then I have received $974.23 cash back. It is FREE to join EBATES. To join today click here.
- Use Coupon Codes. Performing a simple google search for coupon codes can result in great savings. For example, I googled "Michigan Bulb coupon codes" and found a coupon code that ended up saving me nearly 50% off my purchase. EBATES also lists available coupon codes under retailer links.
- Combine Cash Back Sites with Coupon Codes.
- Use Price Comparison Tools. For pricey items, use Froogle (i.e., a google product search) to compare prices from various vendors. Froogle allows you to sort your results by price (including shipping and tax) and also by vendors.
- Split the Costs with a Friend. Garden catalogs offer a great selection of unique, hard-to-find plants. However, shipping prices or minimum quantity requirements can make these purchases less attractive for cost-conscious apartment gardeners. To save on costs, combine orders with a fellow apartment gardener, family member or friend.
- Take Advantage of Guarantees. Michigan Bulb, Co. offers its customers a life-time guarantee on their plants. "Any item that does not grow and flourish to your complete satisfaction will be replaced free--with no time limit--for as long as you garden." For novice gardeners who have not developed their green thumb yet, this life-time guarantee is a nice comfort.
Continue to use these tips on all your online orders to maximize your overall savings!
If you have any more online saving tips, please feel free to post them in the comment section.