Translate

Custom Search

Naturopathica

Monday, January 9, 2012

Make a Worry List

Photo: 365 Health and Happiness Boosters by M.J. Ryan


Take a tip from M.J. Ryan, and boost your happiness by creating a worry list.  Just put your pen to paper and write down any and all worries that come to mind until you have flushed them all out.  It really is incredibly effective.

M.J. suggests rating your worries from a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the extreme so that you can gain perspective on your everyday worries.  I also found it helpful to write down what I could do to mitigate my concerns.  For example, one of my greatest worries is dying before I get to do all the big things I wanted to do in life so I created a Bucket List (i.e., a list of all the things I want to do before I die).  The years are still flying by and it does not change the fact that tomorrow is not guaranteed, but the bucket list does give me something to actively work on. 

No comments: